Sunday 8 April 2012

The Coast to Coast Challenge begins

Or rather, it began a few weeks ago but I forgot to update my blog!  As part of a fundraising challenge (more to come on that later) I'm going to be walking the Coast to Coast across England with 5 other friends (crazy companions).  Just to make things interesting I'll be taking part with two of my three rescue collies, and we'll all be eating a vegan diet throughout.

The dreaded PhD was submitted at the end of January 2012 which meant I had a little more time to get out and about.  Started with a painfully slow walk-run program BUT am now up to running 5k plus at a comfortable pace.  I'm trying not to clock watch or get too hung up on speed - which means I'm slow but loving it!

I have also started going on the twice-monthly training walks for our C2C challenge. So far I've made it along for a 14 mile, a  16.5 mile and a 14.5 mile trip. All of them have been great fun and I've done a bit of running in the last two as ideally I'd like to CaniCross a few of the C2C days - yes I am mad!

So - will be back soon I hope with more details, but officially am back in the fitness saddle and loving every minute of it.  Last year was rather a wipe-out (really bad anaemia, other illnesses plus end of PhD) but here's to a much better 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment